parallelizing ghc

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 00:44:05 CET 2012

> I've been toying with building my own ld replacement.  I don't know
> anything about linkers, but I'd say at least even odds that I can do
> better than this.

I'm guessing linkers are hard, but gold proves that if you keep the
scope small and use modern techniques you can get really good
improvements over gnu ld.  I think the gold author had quite a bit of
linker experience though.

I'd think apple would care about linker performance... I'm even a
little surprised Xcode doesn't have something better than a lightly
hacked gnu ld.