Type operators in GHC

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Jan 19 14:21:48 CET 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 19.01.2012, 07:11 -0500 schrieb Matthew Farkas-Dyck:
> On 19/01/2012, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
> > (I have no good idea, but here is at least one: A dot '.' as the first
> > character indicates a type variable; compared to a ':' this is a
> > non-capitalized character).
> So that all symbols that start in dot are variables, and all others
> are types/constructors?

exactly, that would be an option to get the benefit of the proposal
(nicer type constructor operator names) without giving up completely on
type variable operators names.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.de  |  nomeata at debian.org  |  GPG: 0x4743206C
  xmpp: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de | http://www.joachim-breitner.de/