DefaultSignatures and MultiParamTypeClasses

José Pedro Magalhães jpm at
Mon Jan 16 14:07:07 CET 2012

Hello Reiner,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 06:32, Reiner Pope <reiner.pope at> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just tried, and it appears that the new DefaultSignatures extension
> doesn't work with multi parameter type classes.
> Is there a reason for this restriction, or is it merely an accident?

I don't think the original design explicitly excluded MPTCs; I don't think
there were any use cases for it either, though. I think Simon introduced
this restriction, so he might have a good reason for it.