Records in Haskell

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Tue Jan 10 11:06:16 CET 2012

Some of your comments seem to not fully recognize the name-spacing (plus
simple type resolution) aspect of this proposal that I probably didn't
explain well enough. Or maybe I don't understand your comments.

For record.field, field is under the record's namespace. A namespace (from
a module or under the new system a record), cannot export conflicting
names, and there this system prevents the importer from every having a
conflict with a record field name because the field is still under the
record's namespace when imported. The type system must resolve the type of
the record, and generally the field cannot contribute to this effort.

Otherwise the comments have some good ideas and details that I will have
time to look over in more detail and incorporate into the wiki later.