Records in Haskell

AntC anthony_clayden at
Tue Feb 28 09:26:22 CET 2012

Barney Hilken <b.hilken <at>> writes:

> > Please remember SPJ's request on the Records wiki to stick
> > to the namespace issue. We're trying to make something
> > better that H98's name clash. We are not trying to build
> > some ideal polymorphic record system.
> I must admit that this attitude really gets my hackles up.
> Barney.

So Barney, the obligation on you is clear:
- pick one of the many theoretically sound clean designs for records
- (or make up your own)
- write it up on the wiki
- show what work it would need to get there from where we are
- encourage discussion on this forum

One thing I can be pretty sure of: proposals not written up won't get