Records in Haskell

Anthony Clayden anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz
Sun Feb 26 06:17:57 CET 2012

Whoa! suddenly a deluge over the DORF proposal.

I don't have time to reply fully now, but I must say: Barney
you have got it all wrong.

No, DORF does not attach one class to each label. There is
only one class 'Has', with methods get and set. Each record
decl generates an instance for the combination of
record/field. You can't mix declared and free-standing
labels in the same record. The switch for DORF is at the
module level: in a module either all records and labels use
DORF, or none do (that is, they use H98 style with each
field name being unique).

AntC

----- Original Message Follows -----