Records in Haskell

Barney Hilken b.hilken at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 24 23:26:25 CET 2012

I'm sorry Greg, I didn't mean to be offensive. I just feel that all your arguments in favour of this restriction are based on one particular application of records, rather than a general notion of what records are. Obviously this application is what motivates you to do all the valuable work you have done, and I appreciate that. But people are going to use records in many different ways, and I don't think that a restriction which makes perfect sense in your application should be allowed to restrict the ways other people want to write programs.

Barney.