Records in Haskell

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Fri Feb 24 18:36:10 CET 2012

Actually, I looked at the SORF page again:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Records/OverloadedRecordFields
There is now an 'Alternative Proposal' section that claims to solve
polymorphic update.
If anyone has comments on this please let us know!

So my proposal would be to somehow use the SORF Alternative Proposal
to allow for name-spaced records. This should be used to generate
internal constraints and not be exposed to the end user and not
automatically abstract over fields. This leaves all of our future
options open while satisfying the narrow issue at hand.