ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.1 Release Candidate 2

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 00:05:21 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Austin Seipp <mad.one at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I got caught up doing a few other things the past few days.
>
> I'll make a binary of the 7.4.1 release later today and upload it to
> my code.haskell.org account and report back here (the uploading will
> take as long as the build, due to bad internet right now...)

Thanks, waiting eagerly :)  Meanwhile, I tried compiling myself, but
got hung up in compiler/deSugar/Coverage.lhs, where it's not importing
getModificationTime from System.Directory, but if I import that then
we have disagreements about whether the result should be Integer,
ClockTime, or UTCTime.  I'm guessing this is due to recent changes
from old-time to time, and it makes me think if I patch these up there
will just be other problems later, so I must be doing something wrong.
 Either download the 7.4.1 source distribution (I'm using the 7.4 git
branch), or go install 7.2 and compile with that... I don't know if
the tree is just temporarily broken or if I'm supposed to be doing
something to insert a compatibility shim.