Changes to Typeable

Aleksey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:15:57 CET 2012

On 10.02.2012 20:03, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Friends
>
> The page describes an improved implementation of the Typeable class, making use of polymorphic kinds. Technically it is straightforward, but it represents a non-backward-compatible change to a widely used library, so we need to make a plan for the transition.
>
> 	http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GhcKinds/PolyTypeable
>
> Comments?  You can fix typos or add issues directly in the wiki page, or discuss by email

Where is Proxy data type defined? Which instances should it have?
What API should it offer? Also Edward Kmett wrote package which
implement such type[1].

I'm not sure that typeOf should be deprecated. It's could be useful as
convenience function.

  [1]
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/tagged/0.2.3.1/doc/html/Data-Proxy.html