Holes in GHC

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Fri Feb 10 14:49:35 CET 2012

Hi Alkenade,

This is the way I do all of my Haskell programming, without any need for
language support. I never use undefined for anything else -- or head, any
other partial functions or partial case expressions. It may be because of
wiring or habituation, but I have assumed that this is the way folks program
Haskell. I suspect hardened Haskell hacks may not need it because they are
so habituated to doing it anyway.

If that is the case then it must be a great initiative! -- who cares about
the has-beens, the future is the important thing!

I have too much on to help out much but I will try and provide feedback when
I can.

Chris