[CFARM-REQUEST] GHC build bots on CompileFarm?

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Feb 7 22:34:52 CET 2012

Dear Laurent,

I’m one of the Debian maintainers of the main Haskell compiler GHC. GHC
itself has little resources to maintain GHC on exotic architectures, but
Debian tries hard to provide a Haskell ecosystem on these. It would help
a lot if there were GHC buildbots on these architectures, and I would
like to volunteer to manage these, but I’m still looking for suitable
hardware.

Note that GHC is a big beast, it takes 29h and requires 4GB free disk
space and preferably something around 6GB of RAM to build on a arm box.I
think you need to take that into account when deciding upon this
request.  I’d already be happy if I can do a test run every week or so.

GHC is BSD licensed (http://www.haskell.org/ghc/license), my
contributions are mostly Debian package maintenance and a few minor
patches.

Thanks,
Joachim

--