ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.1 Release Candidate 2

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Wed Feb 1 16:54:30 CET 2012

Trac #5623 is very much on my radar; it's just that I have been too snowed under to get to it.  It's not entirely straightforward because the inlining machinery needs careful modification, lest one fix one performance bug only to introduce another.

So the bug is still in 7.4 I'm afraid.  I will get to it, but I'm very interested to have feedback from anyone who actually trips over it in practice; if you do, please add to the ticket.