Need workaround for lack of fromIntegral/Int->Word rules in 7.4.2

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Tue Dec 18 09:14:35 CET 2012

| Turns out that I need a larger example to trigger the bug. I can
| reliable trigger it using the unordered-containers library. I won't bore
| you with the details. The workaround I need is this:
|     forall x. integerToWord (smallInteger x) = int2Word# x

So why not just add that rule (perhaps with S# rather than smallInteger)?

I don't think I can help without a concrete example, sorry.  (Even then, I don't know whether it'll be possible to work around 7.4.2.  It depends on what is not working.)