ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.6.1 Release Candidate 1

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at
Fri Aug 31 12:49:04 CEST 2012

Ian Lynagh wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.6.1:
> This includes the source tarball, installers for 32bit and 64bit
> Windows, and bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/OSX and
> i386/OSX.
> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!

On PowerPc I get this:

        Warning: The import of `CmmCallConv' is redundant
               except perhaps to import instances from `CmmCallConv'
             To import instances alone, use: import CmmCallConv()

which in HEAD was fixed by the application of this patch:

    commit 2f7c578574a9d5e9b4d95847abc3d1cb1b35336d
    Author: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd at>
    Date:   Wed Aug 8 06:44:00 2012 +1000

Erik de Castro Lopo