Fwd: Request for comments on proposal for literate programming using markdown

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Thu Aug 23 13:37:44 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:28:46AM +0000, Philip Holzenspies wrote:
> Below message was rejected because I included the screenshot which was to big. The screenshot referred to is now here:
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/2yy6tcy/6

(screenshot shows:
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/ghc/src/TcRnDriver.html
)

> Well, I thought it would be reasonably obvious, but apparently, people like the current output enough to want to keep it. See attached screenshot; this drove me crazy, but that was just me.

Oh, I never look at that. But the problem here is that HsColour is
apparently treating the literate text as if it were HTML. Unless there
is some sort of pragma indicating that that is the case, surely it
should put the literate blocks in a <pre> tag? And perhaps colour them,
or use some sort of border, to distinguish them from the code.

Thanks
Ian