Request for comments on proposal for literate programming using markdown

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Wed Aug 22 19:09:23 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 08:45:51AM +0000, Philip Holzenspies wrote:

> Absolutely true, but I came across this in the GHC-source itself. I would like the GHC-source to be literateable (not a work, but you know what I mean) in markdown.

FWIW, I'm not sure the work necessary to maintain correctly marked-up
commentary is worth the gain.

But that aside, why not use a doc generator that first unlits the
\begin{code}...\end{code} style, and then treats the non-code sections
as markdown format? You'd need to either not use blockquotes, or provide
some way to escape the ">"s.

Thanks
Ian