GADTs in the wild

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Aug 15 04:52:10 CEST 2012

Most academic papers do use the eval example, but it is a practical example. This use of GADTs is nice for embedded languages. For example, Accelerate uses a supercharged version of it to catch as many errors as possible during Haskell host program compile-time (as opposed to Accelerate compile time, which is Haskell runtime).

Manuel