ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.6.1 Release Candidate 1

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at
Tue Aug 14 15:47:18 CEST 2012

Am 12.08.2012 21:57, schrieb Ian Lynagh:
> We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.6.1:
> This includes the source tarball, installers for 32bit and 64bit
> Windows, and bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/OSX and
> i386/OSX.
> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!

I cannot test much, as long as the text package cannot be installed.
dependency integer-gmp needs to be increased and:

-bash-3.00$ cabal build
Building text-
Preprocessing library text-
[26 of 39] Compiling Data.Text.IO.Internal ( Data/Text/IO/Internal.hs,
dist/build/Data/Text/IO/Internal.o )

     Module `Prelude' does not export `catch'