default instance for IsString

Markus Läll markus.l2ll at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:17:52 CEST 2012

I see what you mean -- many libraries provide conveniences like that
(like TagSoups `takeWhile (~== "</a>") tags' and so on). But that's
the inherent mismatch between a String-- a unicode literal --and
whatever else you want it to be, be it ASCII or bash or XML or
something else.. I think the answer to them all is to use TH (as
already suggested :-).

A similar issue is printf, which handles the errors at runtime (though
I think there's a TH solution already existing for that).

--
Markus Läll