Build failure with HEAD

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 19:11:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

Building GHC HEAD (git HEAD SHA1 =
88f476b98709731d997ab57612cce4753cb65a0a) this morning, I've
encountered 2 build failures that seem to be a result of some recent
changes in the past day or two.

If I build a clean repository with `make -j13` on my 12 core machine, I get:

compiler/hsSyn/Convert.lhs:178:30:
    `td_fvs' is not a (visible) field of constructor `TyData'

compiler/hsSyn/Convert.lhs:190:31:
    `td_fvs' is not a (visible) field of constructor `TyData'
make[1]: *** [compiler/stage2/build/Convert.o] Error 1

However, reinvoking `make` with no parallelism and attempting to
continue the build (there's no race condition obviously, I was just
curious,) I get another (possibly related) build failure as well:

compiler/deSugar/DsMeta.hs:326:18:
    Constructor `FamInstD' should have 2 arguments, but has been given 1
    In the pattern: FamInstD fi_decl
    In the pattern: L loc (FamInstD fi_decl)
    In an equation for `repInstD':
        repInstD (L loc (FamInstD fi_decl))
          = do { dec <- repFamInstD fi_decl;
                 return (loc, dec) }
make[1]: *** [compiler/stage2/build/DsMeta.o] Error 1

I would assume someone forgot to push something perhaps, but I figured
naturally someone should be aware so they can fix it. :)

--
Regards,
Austin