Records in Haskell

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at
Mon Nov 7 13:37:16 CET 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 20.10.2011, 16:37 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton-Jones:
> | Subject: Re: Records in Haskell
> |
> | I have added my proposal to the wiki.The only downsides to it that I can see are:
> Thanks to Barney for articulating a proposal for records in Haskell.  Over various plane rides and ICFP chats I've worked out some more details.  It's not as simple as I'd hoped.
> I'm underwater with stuff at the moment but I did find the time to capture a summary here
> Please do correct errors, suggest solutions, or explore variants.
> Simon

would inclusion of such a record system into GHC mean that plans for
first-class labels (<>) are abandoned? That
would be a pity, since first-class labels are very useful to implement
record systems that go beyond what the abovementioned record system
provides. See, for example, my work on records:

Best wishes,