testsuite, failures galore

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Tue May 31 17:17:27 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 31 May 2011 16:39:19, Donn Cave wrote:
> Quoth Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com>,
>
> > calling bfd_openr alone produces tons of undefined references, I've no
> > idea what libraries I'd have to link with also :(
>
> Try -lbfd -liberty -lz ?
>
> 	Donn

Thanks. That worked. Without a symlinked libbfd.so in /usr/lib, linking
failed without -lz, programme successfully ran when linked with -lz;
With a symlink, -lz wasn't even needed (and no undefined reference..
failures in the testsuite either). It seems the linker looks for libbfd.so
first, if that isn't found, it falls back on libbfd.a which needs -lz.

So basically, it's an openSuSE bug, I'd say.
Nevertheless, having a test would be good.
Unfortunately, looking at configure.ac and configure didn't give me any
idea how to do it yet.

Cheers,
Daniel