Incrementally consuming the eventlog

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at
Mon May 2 04:59:57 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Don Stewart <dons00 at> wrote:

> So we'd need a lazy (or incremental) parser, that'll return a list of
> successful event parses, then block. I suspect this mode would be
> supported.

A while ago, I hacked something together on top of the current eventlog
parser that would consume an event at a time, and record the seek offset of
each successful parse. If parsing failed (due to unflushed data), it would
try again later. I think I might even claim that this is a somewhat sensible
and parsimonious approach, but I'm drinking wine right now, so my judgment
might be impaired.