hoogling GHC

Ranjit Jhala jhala at cs.ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 6 01:16:25 CET 2011

Hi Malcolm,

thanks!

I'd managed, thanks to the tutorials/blog managed to get to the point where

  "make haddock"

generated

  "ghc.txt"

which I converted to the database

  "ghc.hoo"

After some more fiddling (namely copying the above into the relevant
.cabal/share/hoogle/... directory), and renaming the above to "default.hoo"
I'd even managed to induce the command line interface to search the database.

The final stumbling block is getting the local webserver (hoogle server)
to also search the above database. I'm sure there must be some simple way I
can pass the name of the database as an argument when I boot up the server,
but I can't seem to find it...

Thanks again!

Ranjit.