Hoopl: Combining CheckingFuelMonad with State?

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 00:50:04 CEST 2011

I'd like to carry around some state when rewriting. It seems like
CheckingFuelMonad, etc. are set up to use with other monads but I
can't get the types to agree.

Using MTL I've managed to come up with these types:

> newtype RewriteOnce a = R (State Bool a)
>   deriving (Monad)
>
> instance MonadState s (CheckingFuelMonad RewriteOnce) where
>   get = undefined
>   put = undefined

But I cannot write the definitions for get and put. Is this possible
or am I misundersanding CheckingFuelMonad? Is there a better approach
altogether?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Justin