Type function under a forall type

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 23 09:35:20 CEST 2011

Dimitrios and I don't think there is a fundamental difficulty here, but it involves some work on the constraint solver that we have not yet done, especially concerning the evidence that is constructed for a proof.

So it's on the list, but currently not very high priority. Yell if it's important to you.

There is a ticket about it: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4310, so add yourself to the cc list if you care about it.

Simon