How to install GhC on a Mac without registering?

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Tue Jun 14 18:44:13 CEST 2011

Following up on the notion that Hugs might suit the casual introductory
user better - I see that while you can find it online as a pre-built
package, you're normally advised (haskell.org, Kent CS dept, etc.) to
build it via MacPorts - which requires Xcode.

I mention this because if anyone is seriously thinking about adding an
optional gcc package to the GHC Mac platform, it might be worthwhile
to find out why MacPorts doesn't do that.

But if anyone from the Hugs98 scene is listening - might think about
making a pre-built package a more visible option, if Xcode is as
onerous as we're led to believe.

	Donn Cave