testsuite, failures galore

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 1 03:55:11 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 31 May 2011 16:04:28, Simon Marlow wrote:
> That's very mysterious.  Perhaps bfd_init doesn't pull in anything that
> has the libz dependency, and you have to call some other function in
> the  bfd library instead.

Not having a better idea, I replaced bfd_init in the AC_CHECK_LIB with
bfd_uncompress_section_contents, because that one definitely pulls in the
libz dependency.
And it worked for me™.

Without libbfd-version.so symlinked to libbfd.so, the test failed to link,
hence there was no
#define HAVE_LIBBFD 1
written to confdefs.h, no link failures due to the libz dependency in the
testsuite.

With the symlink, the test linked,
#define HAVE_LIBBFD 1
was written to confdefs.h, no link failures due to the libz dependency in
the testsuite.

Unless there's a reason that change would break things elsewhere, it'd be a
simple fix.

Cheers,
Daniel