RFC: migrating to git

Adam Wick awick at galois.com
Mon Jan 10 23:32:04 CET 2011

On 01/10/2011 08:52 AM, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> If I were considering contributing minor patches to a project, the use
> of git would probably not deter me too much - I can cope with the
> simple stuff.  But if I wanted more major involvement, git would
> definitely cause me to think twice about whether to bother.

And just to show that you can't make everyone happy ... I'll put in an
equal-and-opposite vote  from Malcolm. GHC's use of darcs is a blocker
for me even thinking about doing any work on GHC or the related
libraries; my limited experience with darcs has been terrible, and the
swearing I've heard about darcs makes me think my experience was not
unique. Switching to git would make the chance that I'd do work on GHC
nonzero.

- Adam