RFC: migrating to git

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Mon Jan 10 17:33:56 CET 2011

As everyone has been saying, the primary issue is the workflow of the main contributors and the cost of the transition.

However, I made the transition to Git and GitHub earlier this year and that initial investment has been repaid handsomely (it’s the first system I have felt truly comfortable with).

I suspect a transition to Git would work out well in the long run and make the GHC sources more accessible.

Chris