ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.0.2 Release Candidate 1

paolino paolo.veronelli at
Tue Feb 22 17:22:18 CET 2011

Hi, I've a problem compiling last network package
[ 4 of 10] Compiling Network.Socket   ( dist/build/Network/Socket.hs,
dist/build/Network/Socket.o )

    Ambiguous occurrence `closeFdWith'
    It could refer to either `Network.Socket.closeFdWith',
                             defined at Network/Socket.hsc:1046:1
                          or `GHC.Conc.closeFdWith',
                             imported from GHC.Conc at

Not sure it's related to 7.0.2, but I didn't have problems with 7.0.1

Sent from the Haskell - Glasgow-haskell-users mailing list archive at