ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.1 Release Candidate 1

Sean Leather leather at
Thu Dec 22 17:08:28 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 16:19, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 05:44, Conor McBride wrote:
>> under Leopard, and got this far
>>  bash-3.2$ sudo ./configure
>>  Password:
>>  checking for path to top of build tree... dyld: unknown required load
>> command 0x80000022
>>  configure: error: cannot determine current directory
Same thing here. I think it can be misleading to call the release
"i386-apple-darwin". Perhaps a more specific name is in order?

I'd expect that on Leopard.  Unless someone does a Leopard-specific build,
> I suspect you're out of luck.
>> I don't really know what this means. I'm kind of expecting that I have
> Apple adds new stuff to its dynamic loader in every OS release, and the
> result usually isn't compatible with earlier releases by default, in my
> experience (that'd be from Tiger through Lion at this point).  You need to
> specify an ABI compatibility level to build stuff that will run on older
> releases, including just being understood by dyld.
> Part of the problem here is that a default Xcode 4.x install only includes
> the 10.6 and 10.7 SDKs.  I'm not seeing any way to customize the install,
> so it looks like Xcode 4 cannot be used to build for Leopard; someone will
> have to do the Leopard-compatible build on Leopard or on Snow Leopard with
> Xcode 3.6.

I've built it from source (ghc- on Leopard. I'd
be happy to contribute my build if somebody tells me what to do.