How to synchronously shutdown the event manager loop

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at
Tue Aug 30 17:39:07 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at> wrote:

> As you see I also kill the thread which is running the event manager
> loop. However I think this is not the right way to do it because when
> I use the library I see the following message being continually
> printed after the `Ctx` is finalized:
> ghc: ioManagerWakeup: write: Bad file descriptor

I'm afraid we don't provide a way to shut down an event manager
synchronously at the moment. You'll have to submit a patch if you want to
add that capability.  Perhaps you could add a way to specify an "onShutdown
:: IO ()" hook that would be called by the event manager thread once it
shuts down.