Parallel --make (GHC build times on newer MacBook Pros?)

Brandon Moore brandon_m_moore at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 05:25:00 CEST 2011

I'm confused by this as well. Parallelizing --make was one of the
first case studies in the smp runtime paper, section 7 in
Haskell on a Shared-Memory Multiprocessor

There's also a trac ticket
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/910with a vague comment that the patch from the paper
"almost certainly isn't ready for prime time",
but I haven't
seen any description of specific problems.

Brandon