GHC build times on newer MacBook Pros?

David Terei davidterei at
Tue Aug 23 19:24:37 CEST 2011

I have a 16 core machine at work (with 48GB of ram, a perk of the job
:)). GHC can saturate them all. Can validate GHC in well under 10
minutes on it.

I also just got the 15" core i7 2.3GHz less then a week ago, it's a
very nice machine so I would recommend it. But yeah just getting the
2.2GHz is the better value for money.