GHC build times on newer MacBook Pros?

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Tue Aug 23 11:44:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

go for 4 cores if the price is not prohibitive. I'm using Q6600 here and
all cores are quite busy except for the configuration and compilations
which is done by cabal (if only this cabal would be parallel too!). On
ARM/Linux -- 2 cores cortex-a9 (OMAP4430) I've noticed that sometimes
build process strangely occupies just one core but I don't have enough
resources to search for the culprit and yet majority of times 2 cores
are 100% busy...

Karel