ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.2.1 Release Candidate 1

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Fri Aug 5 13:08:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 05.08.2011, 09:46 +0100 schrieb Simon Marlow:
> I don't like having to do this, but it reduces our testing surface (we
> don't want to have to test against N different versions of libffi).  I'm
> quite happy for distros to build against their system libffi though, and
> we should make that easier.  Note that if you build against the system
> libffi you are responsible for fully testing the combination (I know you
> already do that, which is great).

after this broad hint, I ran the full testsuite, getting this result on
Debian:

OVERALL SUMMARY for test run started at Fr 5. Aug 11:02:03 CEST 2011
    2894 total tests, which gave rise to
   12535 test cases, of which
       0 caused framework failures
    2327 were skipped

    9823 expected passes
     351 expected failures
       1 unexpected passes
      33 unexpected failures

Unexpected passes:
   concurrent/should_run  throwto002 (ghci)

Unexpected failures:
   cabal                  ghcpkg05 [bad stderr] (normal)
   concurrent/prog002     concprog002 [exit code non-0] (threaded2,threaded2_hT)
   concurrent/prog003     concprog003 [exit code non-0] (normal,hpc,optasm,profasm,threaded1,threaded2,dyn,profthreaded)
   concurrent/prog003     concprog003 [bad stdout or stderr] (ghci)
   concurrent/should_run  conc023 [exit code non-0] (normal,hpc,optasm,profasm,threaded1,threaded2,dyn,profthreaded)
   concurrent/should_run  conc023 [bad stdout or stderr] (ghci)
   ffi/should_run         ffi009 [exit code non-0] (normal,hpc,optasm,profasm,threaded1,threaded2,dyn,profthreaded)
   ffi/should_run         ffi009 [bad stdout or stderr] (ghci)
   plugins                plugins05 [exit code non-0] (profasm,dyn,profthreaded)

Without looking into details yet, or comparing it with the test suite in
7.0.4.

Greetings,
Joachim

--