Rebuilding ghc changes interface hashes?

Joachim Breitner nomeata at
Tue Apr 5 19:07:00 CEST 2011

Am Dienstag, den 05.04.2011, 18:51 +0200 schrieb Matthias Kilian:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:59:23PM +0530, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Also, the initial upload was built using ghc-6.12.1, while the upload
> > now is build with ghc-7.0.2. Given that it is a two-stage compiler, I
> > assume that the output should be identical, but it seems not to be the
> > case.
> Changing the bootstrapping compiler changes the ABIs. The same can
> happen if you interrupt and restart the build.

thanks for the pointer. I wish I had known earlier (no offence!) and
made an extra round of ghc uploads before uploading several dozend of
libraries, which need to be rebuild now.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |