how to terminate an external program after timeout?

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez andres.sicard.ramirez at
Wed Sep 29 00:47:10 EDT 2010

Hi Christian,

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:35 AM, Christian Maeder
<Christian.Maeder at> wrote:
> Hi,
> we call from our haskell application the metis prover via
>  System.Process.readProcessWithExitCode "metis" filename ""
> However, we are not able to get rid of this process if metis does not
> terminate by itself. In particular, wrapping this call into a
> System.Timeout.timeout does not work.

Maybe you want to know that the latest version of Metis has a new
--time-limit command line argument

Best regards,