ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at
Tue Sep 28 11:22:51 EDT 2010

> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!

Could you please have a look at the documentation issues
in the Windows installer before release? Points 4-6 in:

    (documentation links in haddock and ghc-pkg no
    longer match current directory layout)

I'm somewhat surprised that noone else has tripped over
these in the current release (though I recall occasional
unspecified complaints about documentation links on GHC
and Haskell Platform mailing lists, so perhaps there are
related tickets?).

Also, assuming that Simon's patch fixes

    (can't redirect the output of individual GHCi commands
    anymore; again, on Windows)

it would be nice/important to have that merged into
the release, as I know of no workaround.