context-stack GHC 7.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Mon Sep 27 09:12:32 EDT 2010

Am 26.09.2010 21:03, schrieb Ian Lynagh:

> We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.0.1:
>
>     http://new-www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.0.1-rc1/
>
> This includes the source tarball, installers for OS X and Windows, and
> bindists for amd64/Linux and i386/Linux.
>
> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!

When compiling our sources I had two sources that failed with:

    Context reduction stack overflow; size = 21
    Use -fcontext-stack=N to increase stack size to N

Increasing to 30 helped. Another source
http://trac.informatik.uni-bremen.de:8080/hets/browser/trunk/Logic/Comorphism.hs

using extensions

MultiParamTypeClasses, FunctionalDependencies, DeriveDataTypeable,
FlexibleInstances, UndecidableInstances, ExistentialQuantification

I wasn't able to compile yet. After 4 minutes it failed with:

  Context reduction stack overflow; size = 46

and I'm increasing the context-stack further.

Maybe this is related to:

(ghc-6.10.x or ghc-6.12.x have no such problems.)

Cheers Christian