ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Mon Sep 27 08:06:43 EDT 2010

Am 27.09.2010 13:44, schrieb Christian Maeder:
> Am 27.09.2010 13:31, schrieb Daniel Fischer:
>> On Monday 27 September 2010 12:58:08, Christian Maeder wrote:
>>>
>>> I've tried to install HTTP (for cabal-install) and get the following
>>> error:
>>>
>>> Configuring HTTP-4000.0.9...
>>> Setup: At least the following dependencies are missing:
>>> base ==3.*
>>>
>>> What is the problem? The Build-depends of HTTP's cabal file look correct
>>> (and fulfilled):
>>>     Build-depends: base >= 3, array, old-time, bytestring
>
> The HTTP.cabal file is not correct!
>   Build-depends: base >= 2 && < 4, network, parsec, mtl

Changing "< 4" to "< 5" works for the HTTP package (which is buggy
anyway http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4251).

But adjusting cabal-install.cabal is not enough.

C.

[17 of 40] Compiling Distribution.Client.IndexUtils (
Distribution/Client/IndexUtils.hs,
dist/build/cabal/cabal-tmp/Distribution/Client/IndexUtils.o )

Distribution/Client/IndexUtils.hs:80:9:
    Couldn't match expected type `Maybe
                                    InstalledPackageIndex.PackageIndex'
                with actual type `InstalledPackageIndex.PackageIndex'
    Expected type: IO (Maybe InstalledPackageIndex.PackageIndex)
      Actual type: IO InstalledPackageIndex.PackageIndex
    In the second argument of `fmap', namely
      `(Configure.getInstalledPackages verbosity comp packageDbs conf)'
    In the expression:
      fmap
        (fmap convert)
        (Configure.getInstalledPackages verbosity comp packageDbs conf)