GHCi 6.12.3 stdout redirection works for :type, but not for :info

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 08:40:42 EDT 2010

On 22/09/2010 18:14, Claus Reinke wrote:
>> good diagnosis.  want to make a ticket?
>
> done:

> On second thought: is there any reason to use haskelline for
> *output*, as opposed to *input* history logging/editing?

I think we were using Haskeline for output in order to get proper
Unicode encoding.  Since then, the IO library has gained support for
Unicode encoding, so we don't need to do this any more.  It looks like I
tried to modify GHCi to bypass Haskeline for output, but didn't do a
complete job:

Fri Sep 18 15:40:41 BST 2009  Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com>
   * remove encoding of output using Haskeline; the IO library does it
now (#3398)