ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.0.1 Release Candidate 2

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Fri Oct 29 14:38:55 EDT 2010

We are pleased to announce the second release candidate for GHC 7.0.1:

This includes the source tarball, installers for OS X and Windows, and
bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/FreeBSD and i386/FreeBSD.

Amongst the changes since RC 1 are:

* -fglasgow-exts now gives a deprecated warning, and no longer enables
  GADTs or TypeFamilies.

* The haskell98 packge is no longer automatically linked, although this
  often won't make a difference as --make is now enabled by default.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

Ian, on behalf of the GHC team