context-stack GHC 7.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 25 05:07:10 EDT 2010

Implementing fundeps in the new solver has proved more complicated than we thought at first.  I’m not aware of any obvious “oh, this is going to perform really badly” parts.  My gut feel is that the inference engine will work better using type functions, but I can’t put any real evidence behind that claim.  If you have a low-cost way to experiment we’d love to hear what you find.  But don’t burn a month converting in case it makes no difference!

Simon