packaging options for Mac OS X

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun Nov 28 22:35:09 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 12:56:00PM -0800, Mark Lentczner wrote:

> Outstanding question is what should this framework be called? I would like to continue to call it GHC.framework, but change the version to something like 7.0.1+HP-i386,

I think it ought to be called Haskell-Platform.framework.

> [*] The binary GHC distribution could be
> 	- built by the GHC team, and asking them for a tarball (as Duncan suggested)

I do "make framework-pkg" to build the OS X installer, but it's
essentially a black box to me. We're happy to accept patches that make
this also produce a bindist, though.

Now that we have the Haskell Platform, perhaps we should stop making GHC
OS X installers, and only make plain old unix bindists.

Thanks
Ian