Problems with openFd and -threaded

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Sun Nov 28 00:05:39 EST 2010

So I've just started playing around with STM and -threaded programs and
I've run into a bug. The bug is similar to [1] except that the file in
question is a Posix FIFO instead of a Bluetooth device. Same behavior:
always errors with -threaded, but expected behavior when not -threaded
(i.e., blocks until another process opens the other end of the FIFO).
GHC version is 6.12.1.

In the previous thread Simon confirmed that it's a bug and said he'd fix
it, but I didn't see any ticket mentioned. Does anyone know if there's a
ticket for it, or when it will be/has been fixed?

[1]
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2009-December/018147.html

--
Live well,