Documentation of System.Process

Jean-Marie Gaillourdet jmg at gaillourdet.net
Fri Nov 26 05:00:18 EST 2010

Hi all,

I've been searching information regarding file handles to pipes created by System.Process.createProcess. The documentation does not state whether they are in binary mode, i.e. whether they have line ending conversion or an encoding enabled. That kind of information is available for runInteractiveCommand in the same module. runInteractiveCommand opens all pipes in binary mode. I've concluded from the source of that module that the same is probably true for createProcess. I've two questions now:

1. Is it correct that createProcess returns file handles in binary mode when creating pipes?
2. Could you add that information to the haddock docs? Is their some other place where I could have found this?

Thanks for your great work!

Regards,
Jean