Parallel Haskell: 2-year project to push real world use

Ben Lippmeier benl at
Mon May 3 20:25:23 EDT 2010

On 03/05/2010, at 10:04 PM, Johan Tibell wrote:

> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at> wrote:
> | Does this mean DPH is ready for abuse?
> |
> | The wiki page sounds pretty tentative, but it looks like it's been awhile
> | since it's been updated.
> |

> In truth, nested data parallelism has taken longer than we'd hoped to be ready for abuse :-).   We have not lost enthusiasm though -- Manual, Roman, Gabi, Ben, and I talk on the phone each week about it.  I think we'll have something usable by the end of the summer.
> That's very encouraging! I think people (me included) have gotten the impression that the project ran into problems so challenging that it stalled. Perhaps a small status update once in a while would give people a better idea of what's going on. :)

I'm currently working full time on cleaning up Repa and adding more examples.

I'll do a proper announcement on the mailing lists once I've got the wiki set up. It would have been today but was flaking out yesterday.